Agriculture Drives Iowa’s Economy
- Iowa crops contribute $29 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, hay, and oats.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Iowa’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance and commodity title programs are particularly important to family farmers who earn a majority of their household income from the farm. Without crop insurance and commodity title payments, the financial wherewithal of these farms would likely face serious erosion in the current environment.” – Bruce Rohwer, Paullina, Iowa
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 21.8 million acres providing $12 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $289.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $315.8 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $5 billion in liability to protect Iowa crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Iowa Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services