Agriculture Drives Iowa’s Economy
- Iowa crops contribute $28.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, hay, and oats.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Iowa’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance and commodity title programs are particularly important to family farmers who earn a majority of their household income from the farm. Without crop insurance and commodity title payments, the financial wherewithal of these farms would likely face serious erosion in the current environment.” – Bruce Rohwer, Paullina, Iowa
- In 2017, farmers purchased 121,906 crop insurance policies to cover 21.8 million acres providing $11.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $323 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $162 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Iowa Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services