Agriculture Drives New Mexico’s Economy
- New Mexico crops contribute $3.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include pecans, onions, hay, and chili peppers.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Mexico’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 1,784 crop insurance policies to cover 7.7 million acres providing $277.9 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $17.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $37.1 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Mexico Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services